Anyway, I didn't have many cakes to make in March and April, but I did make this one for a church get-together a couple of weeks ago.
I designed it to match the programs we made for the event. I printed the verse on wafer paper and cut it out. I then used a paper towel as an "ink" pad. I simply folded it up and put a couple drops of airbrush color on it. I then used a clean stamp set and stamped the flowers onto wafer paper and used the coordinating punches to punch them out. I've linked below to the stamps and punches I used. I found that I could shape the large petal by running a bone folder over it just as I would a paper flower. The smaller flowers were shaped by brushing a small amount of water at the base of each petal. As the wafer paper dried, it curled up a bit, giving the flowers some dimension. I then piped royal frosting dots all around and in the center of each flower. Once that dried, I brushed each one with gold airbrush paint. Oh, and the gold color at the top and bottom was sprayed on using Wilton gold spray. I don't have an airbrush...yet. :o)
I need to close this here. Hope you are having a wonderful week and get a chance to enjoy something sweet. ;o)
Till next time...
God's love and blessings!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog